Our yard is awesome. Roses in the front smelling amazing, roses we didn’t know we had in the back. And more roses we didn’t know we had at one corner of the house. They’re gorgeous along with all the honeysuckle and the hydrangeas we just planted. And the tomato plants in the bed we weeded a couple weeks ago. Neither John nor I have really gotten into yard work before, but now we really enjoy it and look forward to watching everything evolve as we do more work on the garden and house.
Still haven’t found a better job, but:
- Have interview next week.
- Sold rings I never wear anymore so I have gas and cigarette money
- We get paid Saturday
- We now have a kitchen full of food
- John is awesome
- Had some good ideas last night thanks to a friend of ours and the green gift he brought over - that and Sterolab on NPR yesterday afternoon and 17-year cicadas.
- I freaking love my new phone (a Pantech Flex - never thought I would own a Pantech, but it’s really good quality and gets good reviews)
- I am awesome
- WE are awesome
So… if I want a decent phone I either have to pay for a grossly overpriced plan or a grossly overpriced phone?
And even though I use less than 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 256 megs of data, I still have to pay for at least 450 minutes, 1500 texts, and 1 gig of data?
I’ve been job hunting now for more than a year. Probably closer to two. I mean, I had an entirely different boyfriend and an entirely different house when I started. It’s getting ridiculous.
I applied today to something that pays $570 a week. That’s unheard of for office work here in the armpit of Northwest GA, but I’m going to trust it. It was in the paper and not on Craigslist, so chances are good it’s legit.
So help me out, kids. Send me some good vibes. I can’t tolerate fast food pizza work for much longer. That, and John can only take up so much of the slack.
Mama needs to buy some more vinyl!